Tips and Tricks to Make the Most of Your Shopify Store
As one of the most popular e-commerce platforms, Shopify has helped countless people from all over the world sell their products. It has tons of integrations and there are so many ways to customize your store.
We could write a book on all the things you can do within Shopify. But in the meantime, we’re sharing a few simple, yet powerful, tips to get the most out of Shopify and grow your business.
Be Fruitful and Multiply
Did you know that your Shopify store can connect to multiple other channels? You can link your products to be sold on eBay, Amazon, social media, like Instagram and Facebook, and Google. Think of it this way: Shopify is your main store, and you’re also selling your products in other stores. It’s an easy way to get your product into more people’s hands.
Ask for Help
We all need a little guidance and assistance, sometimes. It’s why you’re reading this blog. But there are some people whose entire jobs revolve around e-commerce and Shopify. Did you know that you can consult experts on Shopify to help with your business? They can help you find things to tweak on your store, the best apps to install and other best practices. It’s an easy—and relatively inexpensive—way to improve your site and thus grow your business even more.
There’s an App for That
Shopify hosts your store, but it’s also a marketplace for apps and creators. It’s like a bazaar of goods and services at your disposal. Which apps are best for you depends on the things you are selling, how much merchandise you have and more. But some of the most useful ones are:
- Product Reviews. This is an easy way to allow your customers to gush about how much they love your product
- Trust Hero. Use this app to verify your payment methods so that users can know their transactions are secure
- Sales Countdown Timer. Have a sale coming up? Make sure your users know about it. They’ll start reaping the savings in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…
- SEO Manager. Make sure your product is seen when people are searching for it. This helps ensure you are following search engine optimization best practices to help you get your product noticed
- TXTFi. Yes, we’re on Shopify! Our conversational commerce product plugs into your store to reach out to your customers via an automated text message to offer a gentle reminder to re-order, and then helps them re-order right from within the message
You’re So Photogenic!
Shopify is a visual medium. But because it’s online, customers can’t always get a feel for the product.
That’s why you need great photos. Your customers should know in an instant what they’re getting when they buy your product. High-quality photos, videos can really drive home just how great your product is.
You can hire a professional photographer, but if you’re strapped for cash or don’t have the time, Shopify has some good suggestions to make your photo so much more than just for the ‘gram.
Mix it Up!
Just like a traditional store changes up its merchandise, brings products to the front and offers sales, your online store needs to be switched up every once in a hile. Change the order of your products. Tweak the messaging. Change the photos.
Not only does updating your site frequently help with SEO, it will also catch consumers’ eyes, maybe alerting them to a product they didn’t know about before, and then buying it.
Patience is a Virtue
You know your product is great. But there are so many things on the internet to buy. Getting it in front of your customers, and building a loyal list, may take some time.
Don’t fret. Your product is amazing. People will find it, especially when you have an optimized Shopify store that makes it simple.